There is a new book on the shelf that promises to clear up acne with dietary intervention in six weeks! The Clear Skin Diet: The Six-Week Program for Beautiful Skin, Hachette Books ©Nina and Randa Nelson, 2018.
Acne is a skin condition that often causes whiteheads, blackheads or pimples on the face, chest, upper back and shoulders. It is the most common skin disorder in the country and while most typical among teenagers, it can affect people of any age.
Nina and Randa Nelson are identical twins who have appeared in numerous commercials, TV shows and music videos since their junior year in high school. These wholesome, beautiful young women working in the entertainment industry both developed cystic acne at the very same time.
Acne is not just a little annoyance, it can be emotionally and physically devastating. Nina and Randa desperately tried to figure out why two healthy vegan girls were suddenly suffering with horrible acne and got caught up in the medical system for a time without any relief.
The good news is that the girls cleared their skin of acne in what some would say was practically a miracle. They were so inspired by what they had discovered about food and how it affects the skin that they decided to test out the theory connecting acne and food consumption.
Nina and Randa conducted their own Acne Pilot Study, supervised by Steve Lawenda, M.D., of Kaiser Permanente. More than 130 acne sufferers volunteered for the ‘acne intervention project.’ In just two weeks, patients began reporting improvements in their condition.
The Clear Skin Diet is built on solid science vetted by top nutrition experts. Nina and Randa’s recipes are based on the diets of acne-free societies in Okinawa, Eastern Paraguay and rural South Africa. In six weeks, patients began reporting that almost all of their acne had disappeared!
In the book, the twins offer detailed grocery lists with inexpensive, familiar ingredients and their signature ‘Keep it Super Simple’ (KISS) meal-prep strategies. The food is healthy and delicious and because the recommended meals are naturally low in calories, many people also reported losing weight while clearing their skin of acne.
- In The Clear Skin Diet you will find:
- The Six Clear Skin Diet guidelines and how to make them work for you
- Foods to avoid, timing re-introduction of certain items
- Spotting the foods that can trigger acne
- Skin-positive face care guidelines
- Personal stories and before and after images from Clear Skin Dieters
- Recipes for tasty meals from French Toast to Peach Cobbler
- Eating the Clear Skin Diet in restaurants, dorms, school and while traveling
- Commentary by a panel of leading physicians, surgeons, chefs, dietitians and nutrition experts and more